Re: SoC: Improve syslogd

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Martin Schütte
<lists%mschuette.name@localhost> wrote:

<snip>

>>> And I am still undecided wether
>>> client/server certs are worth the effort. (Not only in implementing but
>>> also
>>> in administering as a user.)
>>
>> What exactly do you mean - different certs for client and server use?
>
> Different certificate lists for outgoing connections (client role) and
> incoming connections (server role).

Well, I think this is useful and maybe even required for secure
operations. But if you do not intend to support relay mode, then
you'll probably never see why it could be important. It's of interest
for relays only and if you do not expect to drive ones with the stock
syslogd, I wouldn't invest too much thinking into that :)

Rainer