Re: obsoleting shlibs - what's the plan

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 08:08:46AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
The NetBSD way, maybe, but not the pkgsrc way. Too many cats to herd.
I'd say break it and make people recompile and wish we had a way to
crosscompile so people like me who are running SPARCclassics don't have
a month of downtime.

If you can be more specific of what you need / want to cross-compile,
tell me about it. If you are on AsiaBSDCon, we can discuss this during
or after the NetBSD discussion round.

Oh, I was being overdramatic, but I'd like to crosscompile sparc
binaries on my i386.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost