Re: Deprecating non-functional SHAREDSTRINGS build option and xstr(1)

On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 20:00:19 +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> Given ragge@ - portmaster of VAX (one of the most ancient platforms we
> support), and who has way more experience with PDP-11 than most of us do -
> is also in favour of obsoleting these tools, I'm going to remove them.

Amen.  (I do remember xstr from pdp11 days, but I was a kid and my
programs were not large enough to need such desperate measures, so I
remember it just as a weird *exists* thing. :) Just wanted to provide
a xref to the old thread.

-uwe