Re: make -d C no-op?

    Date:        Sat, 13 May 2023 17:50:41 +0200
    From:        tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost

  | So:
  | +(The flag is accepted but currently this is unimplemented.)

You could do that, it seems to be correct (though I am no make
expert) but I wouldn't bother.  Debug output is just that,
debugging ... nb: not tracing.   It's purpose is to find bugs
in make, not for casual use (which is why, apart from code
size and execution speed) it all gets omitted from the shell,
and the debug option, and its debug flags, aren't documented at all.
What they do, or don't, print, can change from version to version.

kre