Re: make -d C no-op?

And I just realised that was not what you were asking about.   And
yes, it also looks to me as if -dC is a no-op, but that's not unusual
for debug flags - a useful looking set tends to get defined, to reserve
the name ('C' in this case) and then only used if needed for debugging
something.    The shell (/bin/sh) (if compiled with debug in it at all,
which it usually isn't) has similar - debug options defined, which can
be set, but which do nothing, as that particular part has never needed
debugging.

kre