ld.elf_so(1): LD_PRELOAD

In the man page ld.elf_so(1), how is this to be interpreted:

   LD_PRELOAD   A colon or space separated list of shared object
                filenames to be loaded after the main program but before
                its shared object dependencies.  Space is allowed as a
                separator for backwards compatibility only.  Support may
                be removed in a future release and should not be relied
                upon.

I mean precisely this sentence : "Support may be removed in a future
release and should not be relied upon."

Does it mean support for "space separated list" or support for the env
var LD_PRELOAD?

If the former, may I suggest to replace the dot by a semi-colon: "...for
backwards compatibility only; support may be removed..." or more
explicitely "...for backwards compatibility only and support may be
removed..."

If the latter, I would suggest to replace it with "Support for this
environment variable may be removed..."

FWIW,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/