GNU toolchain obsoletes ia64

Context:

"On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 11:32:55AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Aan,
>
> > I'm seeing 16 segmentation faults when running the ld testsuite on
> > arm-symbianelf.  That's without a cross-compiler installed so there
> > may be more.  Is anyone interested in fixing them?
>
> No responses = nobody appears to care.  So please obsolete this target.

Done.

HJ,
  I notice 13 ia64-linux ld segfaults too when running the ld
testsuite with an ia64-linux compiler installed.  Are you or anyone
else at Intel interested in fixing those, or should ia64 be obsoleted
too?

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM"

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/2020-August/112825.html

Relevant commit:

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commitdiff;h=2b6ba032ad5eeebca446002273401ddc5909c536;hp=e5a59fd37e2cd26543cb7f0ffb3d69ebb4dd4aef

What's the NetBSD politics regarding this move in upstream GNU toolchain
project?