RE: Segfaults when compiling with more memory

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 2:37 PM, John Klos wrote:
> Compiling Perl 5.30.3 on VAX (netbsd-9 with Kalvis Duckmanton's
> patches) on SIMH configured with 256 megs of memory fails as shown below,
> but succeeds with 128 megs of memory and on a real VAXstation with 24
> megs
> of memory (and lots of swap).
>
> Any ideas, anyone?

1) Hopefully you're working with a SIMH vax from the master branch at https://github.com/simh/simh
2) You should be able to pick a simulator from there and configure it effectively the same configuration as your physical machine (there are many vax simulators that are now provided).

If you can reproduce the failure, I'll track down what is or isn't working.

- Mark