Re: nbawk: non-terminated string echo x86_6... at source line 73

On 22 November 2017 at 12:47, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> wrote:
>     Date:        Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:28:50 -0500
>     From:        Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost>
>
>   | Something in the environment affecting make.
>
> Another thought - we have seen something like this before (perhaps even
> exactly this, though I thought the previous one might have been fixed)
> which was triggered by use of -N to build.sh (with a high enough noise
> value).
>
> Any chance that your build.sh run was done with -N3 (or maybe even -N 2)
> (or higher) ?

Yes, that's it.  Thanks!

Buried in my original e-mail was:

===> build.sh command:    ./build.sh -m amd64 -u -U -N 3 -j1 -O
/home/netbsd/hg/amd64 -T /home/netbsd/hg/tools release install-image
live-image

and removing -N 3 made the problem go away :-/

> These little internal makefiles that are generated on the fly to obtain
> info tend not to work with higher levels of noise enabled.

So, how to fix?