Re: nbawk: non-terminated string echo x86_6... at source line 73

    Date:        Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:28:50 -0500
    From:        Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Ah, true.  Something in the environment affecting make.

The other possibility that I thought of later (but which seems unlikely
given the way that when you run the scripts by hand it works) is that
something might be setting the shell's -v flag (perhaps in a .bashrc or
something).

  | (I'm getting all e-mail since it goes via the list)

OK, in that case I won't even bother with attempting the direct reply (which
gmail did refuse)...   I wasn't sure if you were on the list or not.

kre