Re: gmake crashes in _rtld_shared_enter when security.pax.aslr.enabled=1

Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> > This problem has been annoying me for quite some time but I looked at it
> > only today. I know that PIE is work in progress but since most things
> > work for me, I wonder if anyone sees the same problem.

It wasn't clear from crash dumps that the problem was related to
RLIMIT_STACK but when I replaced all vforks with forks, gmake
crashed when pushing a value to the stack.

At the same time M. Levinson sent me a patch that disabled RLIMIT_STACK
tweaks by gmake.

Increasing stack size kind of helped but not quite. Whichever value I
set in login.conf, I need to change it after each login.

The following command always fixes my problem:

ulimit -s `ulimit -s`

It's enough to set RLIMIT_STACK to the same value explicitely. I tested
4M, 8M and 16M stack sizes.

M. Levinson's patch makes no difference.

Alex