Re: Build system race conditions

On Sat 13 Sep 2014 at 19:38:00 +0000, David Holland wrote:
> What are you building on, and with what shell?

I'm building on 6.1.1/amd64. I'm using bash
($BASH_VERSION=4.3.0(1)-release) for interactive shell but the build
would use /bin/sh, I expect, which is the default one from 6.1.1.

I was using my normal interactive user to build, probably with an ulimit
for processes of 160. I'm not sure anymore if that's the default. In any
case there would be lots of other processes counting towards the 160.

I put an ulimit to increase it in my script that calls build.sh with my
favourite parameters.

I guess it is just a coincidence that the limit hit there, given
whatever else was running as my user at that time, just like your 80/81.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'