Re: Building in a read only repository

On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 05:00:47 +0000
Tyler Retzlaff <rtr%omicron-persei-8.net@localhost> wrote:

> Is this all mk.conf & build.sh?

Not sure what you mean here.  The above isn't all that's in mk.conf,
just the lines referencing directories.  The build.sh lines are actual
build.sh commands that I ran.

> For command line simplicity I typically also add at least the
> following to mk.conf
>
> MKOBJDIRS?=   yes

That's the default when using build.sh.

> MKUNPRIVED?=  yes
>
> I didn't notice -U being passed to your build.sh and if your source is
> read-only either that or MKUNPRIVED yes in mk.conf would be necessary
> no?

I don't think that MKUNPRIVED has anything to do with a read only
repo.  It seems to be about building without root permissions.  In
particular it handles the inability of a regular user to change
ownership and permissions.

> Also, not having MKOBJDIRS yes might be what is exploding your current
> build.

It's the default so unless the docs are wrong I don't think that this
is it.

> > > perhaps try removing BSDOBJDIR.
>
> I don't know about this, I can just say I don't set it myself.

Removing that did get me farther.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost