Re: "Fixing" new ld(1) DT_NEEDED handling

>  What do other linkers do?

In the 2nd mail in the previous thread, Christos Zoulas refered to this
thread: https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-08/msg00131.html
Another mail in that thread claim

> Why?  No other ELF linker behaves as GNU ld currently does.

but at that point I got a bit confused about which behaviour is meant
with "currently"; I think it is the pre-change sitation where ld does
satisfy symbols from recursively linked libraries.

The original change in behaviour is explained here (from the top of
that thread):   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'