Re: "Fixing" new ld(1) DT_NEEDED handling

--8<--
#include <stdio.h>
#include <term.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        int err = 0;
        setupterm(NULL, fileno(stdout), &err);
        printf("my term: %s\n", termname());
        return 0;
}
-->8--

cc -Wall -O2 test.c -lcurses

(Sorry for unthreading but I copied the above from the mail-index
webpage which doesn't give the msgid)

In one way this is an unlucky example, since the documentation for
termname() specifies

TERMINFO(3)                Library Functions Manual                TERMINFO(3)

NAME
     setupterm, set_curterm, del_curterm, termname, longname, tigetflag,
     tigetnum, tigetstr, tparm, tputs, putp -- terminal independent operation
     routines

LIBRARY
     Terminal Information Library (libterminfo, -lterminfo)

to use -lterminfo, not -lcurses. So Makefiles which use -lcurses instead
are broken (and are being fixed in pkgsrc, I think I read).

Are there any other known examples?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'