Re: Incorrect demangling

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost>
wrote:

> > identifiers containing __ were made a de facto reserved part of the
> > linker namespace when C++ first started to become popular... which
> > was well over 20 years ago.
>
> Someone should have told the rest of the world, then; if it's taken 20
> years for me to even hear about it, it was _abysmally_ advertised, to
> the point where I'm not even sure it's fair to call it "de-facto
> reserved".

My "C++ Programming Reference, 2nd edition" (1994), section r.2.4 says:

"In addition, identifiers containing a double underscore (__) are
reserved for use by C++ implementations and standard libraries and
should be avoided by users."

So it looks like you won't convince the GCC maintainers in changing
the compiler. Plus, PCC and CLANG will probably give you similar
problems.

--
Rich