Re: Incorrect demangling

>> % cc -o z z.c
>> /var/tmp//ccKokvnE.o: In function `main':
>> z.c:(.text+0x12): undefined reference to `foo(long double *,...)( *)'
>> %

> well if you investigated a bit more you might find that it is not the
> C compiler that is doing this.

(a) I didn't say anything about what was doing it.  I assume it's
somewhere in ld, since that's where undefined references would normally
be discovered, but I don't see any particular relevance to that even if
it's true.

(b) There's a sense in which it is; if cc chooses to use other tools as
an implementation technique, it's still cc that they're implementing.

\ / Ribbon Campaign