pax(1) preserving file permissions

Hi all,
I think our pax is preserving file permissions when it isn't supposed to. When I run the following commands

        touch foo
        ls -l foo
        chmod 600 foo
        echo foo | pax -w -f bar.pax
        rm foo
        pax -r <bar.pax

We see that foo is 0600 instead of 0644. The manual page doesn't explicitly state that the default is to not preserve the file permissions, but when you compare the way access and modification times are described with the way file permissions are described, the authors' intentions seem reasonably clear.

Is this intentional on our part or an oversight. I'm happy to PR it.

Cheers,
Lloyd