Re: ar "zero" flag

On Aug 6, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:

That'd be a sad day for everyone, but especially those interested in security, simplicity, elegance, software hygiene, predictability, performance, and, most of all, embedded systems.

If you want to go through the pain and hassle of all that crap yourself, feel free to build the OS from source (and turn on whatever switch we use to enable building / installing the archive libraries). If you want to link the entire system statically, you have to do that anyway since by default the entire system is linked dynamically. As I said in my previous message, we have to continue to support the mechanism for sun2. However, I'm perfectly OK with saying "if you do this, we don't jump through hoops to make sure stuff like PAM works". Or threads.

What a horridly binary vendor centric viewpoint you have these days Jason.

Huh?  In what way?

-- thorpej