Re: ar "zero" flag

On 6-Aug-08, at 5:25 PM, Jason Thorpe wrote:

As a short-term step, I don't object to the "zeroize" flag in principle. However, issues like this as well as issues with threads, full-feature functionality, backwards-compatibility, etc. have led me to conclude that it's time to deprecate static linking on our system[1].

That'd be a sad day for everyone, but especially those interested in security, simplicity, elegance, software hygiene, predictability, performance, and, most of all, embedded systems.

Sigh.

What a horridly binary vendor centric viewpoint you have these days Jason.

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>