Re: hg performance

On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 at 18:06, Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 08:43:14PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:

> I don't even ask why there are 242574 file changes for a simple update from
> maybe two weeks ago to today.

As noted on an internal list - I think there was some funky business
done on the src repository and you're basically cloning from scratch
despite already having a checkout. That use case probably doesn't use
bundles as speed-up.  Just a guess though.

This is why I gave up on trying to use the new HG repo.
HG would always time out before the operation completed forcing me to fetch a new copy of the repo.  otoh I found git could recover and CVS would blissfully stumble on.

If this is the problem, we won't be seeing that after switching away
from CVS.

I'm not so sure.