hg performance

Hey folks,

with everyone apparently keen to move to hg soonish, I would like to
know what performance improvements we are going to see once the hg
setup is finalized.

As is, the performance is abysmal und the whole setup unusuable.

I have a gbit connection and speed tests to everywhere look as expected,
but a simple hg update takes days:

[~/wifi] martin@martins > hg pull -u
pulling from ssh://hg.netbsd.org//repo/src-draft
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
files [=>                                                 ]   9603/242574 8h12m

I don't even ask why there are 242574 file changes for a simple update from
maybe two weeks ago to today.

The ETA is oscilating wildly but overal seems not too unrealistic.

I did a full new hg clone some weeks ago and had to leave it running over
night (even though it started with a clone bundle and was from anonhg).

We can not seriously consider switching to this setup. So what are the
plans for improvement before it goes "life"?

Martin