Re: scm migration: htdocs conversion

Hi,

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 12:22:51PM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> It seems that Your htdocs.hg repository has not tags,
>> for example, hrs-xmlcleanup-base.
>> It has branches, for example, hrs_xmlcleanup.
>>
>> Lack of tags are intentional?
>> In htdocs case, lack of tag is not so important.
>> However in src I need tags.
>
> Yes, that is a problem in general with the conversion tools we have -
> they only keep vendor tags but not release tags.
>
> I made no efforts to handle release tags yet, because I did't come up
> with a way yet to point to a commit reliably _after_ the conversion -
> I have converted most of the repositories I mailed about a couple
> times or more.
>
> Adding release tags will (sadly) be a manual task we'll have to do
> after the migration, when the repository conversion is final.
>
> The actual tagging will be easy:
>     hg tag -r $REVISION -d $DATE -u $COMMITTER $TAG_NAME
>
> The work will be finding the values for $REVISION, $DATE, $COMMITTER,
> $TAG_NAME.
>
> If you have any ideas how to automate this, please let me know!

Thanks for your reply.
I understand the current situation about tags.
I believe that complete conversion (except tag) has top
priority.
I believe that adding tags are trivial and onetime task.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3