Re: "hg clone https://anonhg.netbsd.org/src/" still aborts, but...

On 06/13, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> The time to do the checkout is clearly limited by the NFS server
> (especially since it's on an entirely separate physical machine with a
> 1GB ethernet link), but that's in theory at least exactly the same
> amount of I/O and data that Git has to move to do the same checkout.  HG
> is just way slower, at least when doing the primary bundle unpacking
> during the clone operation and again during the initial "hg checkout".

Didn't Roy Marples show that his Mercurial clone was only 12 seconds
slower than your Git clone?

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-repository/2020/06/12/msg000723.html

Or are you saying that the problem is that you're cloning to an
NFS-mounted file system, and *that* is way slower with Mercurial
compared to Git?  If so, that seems like a separate issue that could
benefit from a new thread with a new subject.  It could even be a
problem with NFS at that point.

Lewis