Re: src and xsrc merge proposal

On Feb 21, 2020, at 5:27 AM, Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

My proposal to move xsrc to src instead of pkgsrc might look
unreasonable, but we will need to accept the fact that almost all ports
won't be able to get (build) functional X anymore. But maybe it's the
proper time to make this hard decision as usability of X on 1-bit
framebuffers is extremely limited.

NetBSD runs just fine on a SPARCstation 2, a Sun-3/60, an HP-Apollo 9000-425t, and other such systems, including X11. Why should X11 stop working on any of these supported systems?

The only obstacle to X11 usability I’ve seen on my systems has been memory, not hardware capability.

  -- Chris