Re: src and xsrc merge proposal

On 21.02.2020 05:56, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> Additionally, the whole idea of importing close to a gigabyte of stuff
> into the base repository just seems a little strange, to say the least.
> Shouldn't we instead be looking into moving xsrc into pkgsrc?

My proposal to move xsrc to src instead of pkgsrc might look
unreasonable, but we will need to accept the fact that almost all ports
won't be able to get (build) functional X anymore. But maybe it's the
proper time to make this hard decision as usability of X on 1-bit
framebuffers is extremely limited.

We tend with our workforce to be behind versions in xsrc and provide
incomplete xsrc's components anyway (there are missing Mesa libraries,
essential to wayland compositors).

If you want to make this decision, please convince core@. I support this
proposal.