Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet

In Message <a0806cf39566eab5ed139f0478fb5555.squirrel%www.duzan.org@localhost>,
   gary@duzan.orgwrote:

=>=> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 01:17:35PM -0400, gary%duzan.org@localhost wrote:
=>=>
=>=>  > I've even managed some success doing incremental
=>=>  > conversions from CVS (though the CVS repo could use a bit of cleanup to
=>=>  > make it seamless).
=>=>
=>=> if you mean the NetBSD CVS repository please elaborate...
=>
=>   Sorry, no. This was a CVS repo we have at work. The main issue there
=>was with some files that were removed then readded, with the deleted
=>version having a newer timestamp in CVS. The versions after the restore
=>were not preserved. Other than that, though, doing incremental
=>conversions has been smooth.
=>
=>   I have attempted to do NetBSD repo conversions in the past, but the
=>main issue was memory, as the changeset building code is a pig. I'll
=>make another attempt when I get a chance. Maybe it would be a good
=>excuse to buy that new hardware with 32GB RAM I've been looking at...

   I made the attempt with my 12GB of RAM against an rsync clone
of the CVS src repo, and it made it a fair ways, if slowly, until
it hit:

371622 avoid losing precision warnings
371621 add explicit casts to avoid parameter conversion warnings.
371620 fix non-portable bit-fields
371619 const poisoning.
371618 - Process all passed option rather than ignoring silently except the
first one.
abort: malformed response from CVS

   The "const poisoning" version was from July 2000, and seems to
have been imported properly. I'll see if I can figure out why
exactly it died, and also see how it does with xsrc, pkgsrc, and
pkgsrc-wip.

                                        Gary Duzan