Re: grafana hits pkgsrc limits again

Am 11.07.2024 um 11:21 schrieb Jonathan Perkin:
> * On 2024-07-11 at 09:57 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>
>> I'll have a think through if there's any way around this.
>
> Is there an existing way to do this that I'm not seeing in the man page
> that might help us here without having to modify make?

Back in January, when Simon added support for long shell commands to
variable assignments like 'VAR:= echo *', I tried to find a creative way
to work around this limitation but couldn't find any, not even by
inspecting the code paths closely.

Today, Simon added the same support to usr.bin/make when running in
compatibility mode. This fixes the problem on NetBSD but not on other
platforms. On those, devel/bmake needs to be updated to the current
version. Since pkgsrc already runs fine with that code on NetBSD, I
expect it to work out of the box after following the instructions in
devel/bmake/import-bmake-sh.

Roland