upstreams that make mac app bundles - doctrine?

I looked in the guide and didn't find this addressed.

Do we have any doctrine surrounding mac app bundles (things that act
like a GUI app in macOS, in /Applications, can be in task bar) in
pkgsrc?

It seems some upstreams have "if building on mac then build a mac
application instead of normal unix".  Do we think that's buggy of them?
(Some upstreams can build normal unix even on mac, and have additional
targets for mac apps.)

Do we ever want to build mac apps in pkgsrc?  Do we have any now?

Do we have a position that behavior on mac should be just like on any
other mostly-POSIX reasonable system, other than that there's a lot that
isn't quite reasonable, as jperkin keeps figuring out how to work around?

I suppose there are the same questions about windows, but we tend to be
dealing with cygwin or WSL (royal we; I tend not to!).