Re: AIX 7.2 Bootstrap Fails on libarchive

On 2/12/24 4:20 PM, Louis Guillaume wrote:
Hi All - I'm restarting efforts to get pkgsrc going on AIX again after a while. In the mean time I have updated the test host to AIX 7.2 (from 7.1). The last time pkgsrc really worked for me on AIX was back in 2009. That said - I have been able to bootstrap recently on 7.1, only to have problems later with other builds due to AIX-ld compatibility issues with some packages (perl, gettext, others).

Bootstrap now fails at libarchive. Details are at the bottom. My command line was:

LDFLAGS=-pthread ./bootstrap --prefix=/opt/pkg --abi 64 --compiler=gcc --full --workdir /opt/pkg/obj/bootstrap

Using # gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 10.3.0

unzip/bsdunzip.c:298:2: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'STAILQ_ENTRY'
   298 |  STAILQ_ENTRY(pattern) link;
unzip/bsdunzip.c:302:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
   302 | STAILQ_HEAD(pattern_list, pattern);

bmake: stopped in /opt/pkg/obj/bootstrap/libarchive
===> exited with status 2
aborted.

Apparently libarchive/unzip now requires the "STAILQ" functions in sys/queue.h. AIX lacks this. I thought that maybe the libarchive build that's part of the bootstrap needs nbcompat? But nbcompat doesn't seem to have the "STAILQ" functions anyway.

I'm unsure how to move forward here. Any guidance would be helpful.

Louis