Lightgbm package

I am trying to package the python lightgpm (https://pypi.org/project/lightgbm/) and am not sure how to proceed.  The install directions say to use the following command:

	pip install --no-binary lightgbm lightgbm

This works (see transcript file attached below) but it seems not to integrate with pkgsrc particularly well.  There is no setup.py file, so egg.mk does not work.  Similarly, wheel.mk does not work.  The docs also say to use cmake, but adding devel/cmake/build.mk seems to be building a command-line program, not a python package, and ultimately fails.

I am at a loss for how to proceed with this.  For example, is there a standard way to use pip within pkgsrc?  I’m not seeing examples.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Brook