Re: devel/cargo-c and devel/libgit2 leave work directories

John Klos <john%klos.com@localhost> writes:

> I've been noticing that even when pkg_rolling-replace successfully
> completes (in a tmux session, because of Python), it sometimes leaves
> work directories around.

That's not part of its specification :-)

But seriously, it calls "make replace" and then it calls "make clean".
But that isn't "clean-depends".

> Anyone know why this is? I just did an update and pkg_rolling-replace
> and have devel/cargo-c and devel/libgit2 work directories on two
> different machines.

What is your DEPENDS_TARGET?  If it doesn't involve clean and does allow
source building, then building a package will recurse to a dependency
and package-install it but not clean.

I use

  BINPKG_SITES=           # do not fetch packages for bin-install
  DEPENDS_TARGET=         bin-install clean

to both use binary packages I have already built, and not to get any
built-elsewhere ones.  This lets me "pkgin ar" with little cost.

It is of course possible that something else is going on, but this is my
guess.