Re: broken math/py-numba and devel/py-llvmlite, even broken approach with llvm?

Am Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:18:59 +0100
schrieb Adam <adam%netbsd.org@localhost>:

> >> during checking py-numba as a dependent on py-numpy, I noticed that it
> >> won't build because of
> >>
> >> # https://github.com/numba/llvmlite/pull/802
> >> BROKEN=         "No support for llvm 14 yet."
> >>
> >> in devel/py-llvmlite.
> >
> > Anyone? Isn't that broken for everyone right now?
>
> As for now, upstream only supports LLVM 14. See https://github.com/numba/llvmlite/blob/main/ffi/build.py#L169

Which is doubly ironic. But also:

	https://llvmlite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faqs.html#faq-why-static

I think I'll try to rig up a build that does what upstream wants here,
building llvm just for llvmlite and link it in statically. The current
patches maybe minimal, but running llvmlite with a stock llvm build,
let alone one with a differing version, is explicitly not supported.

Anyone against that?

Regards,

Thomas

--