Re: Cert validation in pkg_add

On Saturday, December 9, 2023 5:56:03 AM CET Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> tl;dr: I propose to enable cert validation in pkg_add by default.

The only reason I never committed the patch to enable certificate validation
is the #$%#@$^@ situation on all NetBSD releases. I would even go a step
further and not have an option to disable it or at most an environment
variable for libfetch. That dramatically simplifies the code as well.

It should be noted that a very common setup nowaday is to just redirect
all http traffic to https anyway, so this has a somewhat broader impact than
might be obvious.

Joerg