Re: PYTHON_FOR_BUILD_ONLY in lang/python/tool.mk

* On 2023-11-22 at 11:55 GMT, Thomas Klausner wrote:

Should we replace this with USE_PYTHON with the allowed values of "build tool test run"?

Yeh, ideally we'd have a much more orthogonal and understandable way of declaring exactly what we want from python.

Even after my change it's still confusing when packages include both tool.mk and application.mk because ordering matters, and if you include application.mk first then you end up with a full dependency, but last and you don't.

And I'd like PYTHON_FOR_BUILD_ONLY=yes or USE_PYTHON=build to mean "do not buildlink".

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com