Re: merging cairo-gobject into cairo?

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> I can't really tell why we have a separate cairo-gobject package split
> off from the cairo package (built from the same sources).
>
> It only adds a glib2 dependency, which I think is not heavy
> considering that cairo already uses fontconfig, freetype2, png, and
> pixman.

Besides glib2 being the only new dependency, I wonder how many other
packages (or non-pkgsrc programs) woudl use cairo and not glib2, since
it's all part of the same toolkit family.  So I think the glib2
dependency is even less of a big deal than it might seem.

It is also my impression that the gobject world is normal, and that
gtk-world things without their gobject parts are deficient.

So I think merging is perfectly ok.