Re: possible gfortran.mk changes

I'm only reacting as I'm somewhat involved in packges that use Fortran,
but my platform is Linux with my own provided toolchain (GNU or Intel,
maybe AMD in future).

So I avoid all this machinery. But I wonder about this:

Am Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:54:46 -0400
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

>   - Change the logic that says "only if gcc" to not say that.  Clearly
>     we don't mean it.

The comment above that rather clearly formulates that it is meant. When
using clang, one probably wants to use flang (or one of the differing
flangs that exist) instead of gfortran. Similar for OpenMP. You can
have varying combinations. Or maybe you don't

Before touching that logic, it would be good to have someone around who
uses a clang-based toolchain and wants Fortran stuff (math/blas, for
example).

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--