Re: HP UX 11.31 Variable OS_VERSION is recursive

Am 19.10.2023 um 16:04 schrieb Branislav Masar:
> ello guys,
>
> I have tried to use both pkgsrc-2010Q4 and latest stable branch. In
> latest stable branch I wasn't able to see clear error as it was
> printing below message and kept creating new shells indefinitely.
>
> bmake: Unknown modifier 'C'
> bmake: Unknown modifier '/'
> bmake: Unknown modifier 'C'

The above error messages look as if bmake were built without support for
regular expressions.  This shouldn't have happened, as the pkgsrc
infrastructure and several packages rely on the ':C/from/to/' modifier,
and I don't see any hint that bmake would have been built with -DNO_REGEX.

To verify that bmake is compiled with regular expression support, run:

./bmake -r -V '${.CURDIR:C,/,-,g}'

This should not produce any errors.

You can then run bmake with the -dA option to track down where exactly
the apparently recursive OS_VERSION comes from.  Have a look at the
lines starting with 'ParseReadLine' and 'Global:.PARSE'.

Roland