Re: Removing lang/python312

* On 2023-10-16 at 08:30 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

Python 3.12 was imported two weeks ago, yet nobody seems to have any interest in actually making it work.

Only 11 python packages build with it, with the daily bulk build reports on all platforms showing every other python package failing.

I don't really see the point wasting cycles and cluttering up reports if there's zero interest in it, it's not like we're short of alternative versions of python, it's clearly useless for any practical use, and I'd rather we remove it until someone can step up and maintain it correctly.

Please consider this request withdrawn, and I'm sorry for the offence it
caused. I care deeply about the quality of pkgsrc, and I accept that I do not always express that passion in a way that is helpful to others.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com