Re: cross-compiling textproc/icu

> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 22:35:52 -0600
> From: Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost>
>
> > On Sep 21, 2023, at 11:08 AM, Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-tech-pkg%mumble.net@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't tried cross-building textproc/icu before, it seems.  Does
> > the installation prefix have enough for the cross-build, or is it
> > necessary to actually use a native build's work directory?
>
> Yes, it really requires the built work directory.  Specifically,
> ${WRKSRC}/source.  In the case of cross-builds, there are configure
> checks for a *.mk file there.

That's pretty gross...

If we can't find an easy upstream-specific workaround, one possibility
is that we could create a textproc/icu-buildtree package that builds
icu natively and copies ${WRKSRC}/source to $PREFIX (or whatever
subset of it is needed), and then have textproc/icu TOOL_DEPENDS on
that.