Re: pkgin idea: warning about service restarts and database migrations

On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:22:30AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 11:19:12AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > I don't think it serves the same purpose (and I disable the
> > pkg-vulnerabilities script because they are way too verbose).
>
> Then you can write a script that parses the eol-packages or the
> pkg-vulnerabilities file - the information is available.

Not really. The fact that it's marked EOL in pkg-vulnerabilities doesn't
tell if it will be removed from pkgsrc, nor when

> It's not possible to add it to the already-removed-from-pkgsrc
> python36 package now, so the pkgsrc Makefile is not the right place.

I'm talking about a package that is still in pkgsrc (and binary repos)
but will be removed in the near future.