Re: the path to openssl3

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 07:59:21AM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:

> I just ran into an error running pkgin upgrade on NetBSD 10, smartos.org
> binary packages.
>
> /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_admin: Shared object "libssl.so.15" not found
>
> Trying to reinstall openssl from source leads to a circular dependency
> (openssl, pkg_install, mktools, pkg_install).
>
> Not sure it it's related to this discusssion.

No, it is due to a seriously bumpy ride toward NetBSD 10.0. If you update
your netbsd-10 base installation, it will give you a libssl.so.15.

Taylor recently found out that the openssl update had created a broken
situation due to an icomplete (base system equivalent of a pkgsrc) recursive
revbump for the openssl libraries.

This has been fixed now (in HEAD and pulled up to netbsd-10), but it
requires
 - an update of existing netbsd-10 installations
 - a pkg rebuild from scratch

Sorry for the inconvenience. We should have everything in place for -10 now.

Martin