Re: ap24-py310-python-3.5.0nb3 PLIST issue

Adam <adam%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> I would say, this package should be removed. The project is 10 years
> old (3.5.0 released in 2013; see https://modpython.org
> <https://modpython.org/>) and does not compile with Python 3.11 (see
> https://github.com/grisha/mod_python/issues
> <https://github.com/grisha/mod_python/issues>). There are other modern
> and popular technologies that allow running Python code from HTTP
> serwer.

It is contrary to pkgsrc doctrine to remove packages because we think
other people shouldn't be using them.  The question is if they are,
compared to how much it is costing us to deal with it.  Here, the cost
was small, it isn't holding anything back, it isn't making anything else
icky, and it was mostly about understanding a class of bugs, not about
this in particular.

(Fair point about state of upstream, but apparently it is alive as we
read in subsequent updates.)