Re: Versioning rust (firefox91 again)

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, July 16th, 2023 at 4:16 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> pkgsrc does not have a policy that once software is EOL it is
> automatically kicked out.

I'm very well aware of this and in general I don't bother with it.

> We have multiple versions of lots of things, and I think it's
> remarkable that we haven't versioned rust yet, given what a compat
> problem it is.

I'm aware some people don't like Rust and the way it is structured.
But, if there wasn't for Rust, we wouldn't have Spotify support on NetBSD.
ncspot, spotify-player, spotify-qt, gospt and spotifyd, all rely on librespot.

My laptop set-up is fully dependent on Rust packages.
From my terminal emulator to my window manager, media player, etc ...
So, you could say I'm at the other end of the spectrum and really like Rust.