Re: proposal for setting minimum upgraded compiler version

On 7/13/23 19:56, Greg Troxel wrote:
But, my concept includes a general default, and a way for trailing edge
systems (NetBSD 8, RHEL from 2013) to be lower.   I just don't want to
be old for everybody because people want to use old RHEL.

Following up again, I installed CentOS 7 in a VM and discovered that
binutils currently won't build on it, so all discussions of GCC for RHEL
7 are moot at the moment.

I personally have no interest in fixing this, but thought I should point
it out in case anyone is still using RHEL 7 derivatives (EOL June 2024).

I do all my testing on Alma 8, which has a modern enough compiler that I
don't need pkgsrc GCC (yet).