Re: Disable pkg_install output during upgrade

Am Tue, May 09, 2023 at 10:09:08AM +0100 schrieb Jonathan Perkin:
> Our upgrade process is effectively pkg_delete && pkg_add, and this means
> that any package that is either upgraded or refreshed will print both
> install and deinstall script messages, as well as output MESSAGE files, on
> every update.

For pkg_add -u, we can actually be smarter and provide
old and new version to the +INSTALL/+DEINSTALL script, so that it can
itself decide to skip messages. I'm actually against just silencing the
output as we should be able to detect when new config files appear and
notify users, just to name one example.

Joerg