Re: libstdc++ dependency mis-detection in gcc packages?

On Tue 02 May 2023 at 13:37:16 +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> For many years I've used this patch which instead only records direct
> dependencies via DT_NEEDED:

I think I've seen FreeBSD's ldd have an option to only show direct
dependencies, and/or show the whole tree of dependencies instead of only
the flattened list. I created a Perl script with similar functionality,
and it also shows warnings when two different libraries with the same
name are being linked.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto