Re: new package: devel/acl

On Sat, Apr 08, 2023 at 11:25:36PM +0200, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
 > The first is devel/acl - tools to manipulate POSIX ACLs as well as
 > library/headers to write other programs to do so. Hard build dependency
 > for filesystems/glusterfs on Linux.
 >
 > Package was built & tested on Linux amd64, included binaries work,
 > and glusterfs builds against. This will _not_ build on NetBSD due to
 > too many "All the world is Linux" assumptions (and has been marked
 > so in the Makefile).

Looking at the code, this appears to be a library for implementing
POSIX ACLs using extended attributes, so linux-specific or not it
isn't applicable to NetBSD where the system already has POSIX ACLs.

Is that right? Should I go update the DESCR and COMMENT?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost