Re: doxygen build failing with python confusion

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 01:50:18PM +0100, Niclas Rosenvik wrote:
> Hi Greg and Thomas, as Thomas mentions in his mail there is
> patch-Modules_FindPythonInterp.cmake that checks if PYVERSSUFFIX is
> defined and uses that as a version number. PYVERSSUFFIX is passed to
> cmake in lang/python/pyversion.mk . It is only passed when USE_CMAKE is
> defined. doxygen uses devel/cmake/build.mk that does not set this
> variable. So checking for if devel/cmakebuild.mk is included might
> fix the problem. Do we have a convention on how to check for if a
> particular build.mk file is included? One way could be to look for the
> targets it defines like cmake-configure. I have tested this, aka
> adding "|| target(cmake-configure)" after "defined(USE_CMAKE)", in
> pyversion.mk and it works for me with the configuration you mention
> (python2.7 but no py27-expat). Also I did a grep on
> "defined(USE_CMAKE)" in the pkgsrc tree and the lua buildlink3 files
> also check for USE_CMAKE to add cmake arguments, so I hope they are not
> causing similar problems.

Thanks for finding the root cause.

I guess adding this (and similarly for lua) would be good.  (I think I
stumbled over this and didn't convert some packages from USE_CMAKE to
cmake/build.mk because they failed, and that might be the reason.)

On the other hand, I also think it'd be nice to get rid of this
special handling, because it will making building using cmake outside
of pkgsrc harder if pkgsrc does magic that doesn't happen outside.

So I'm torn :)
 Thomas