Re: The default Go version bump was accidental

Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 10:59:17AM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
>> From PR pkg/57283, I noticed that the default version of Go in pkgsrc
>> is currently 120. This was an accidental change. There are a couple
>> packages (including syncthing) that currently do not work well with Go
>> 1.20, so I had intended to wait until after the branch to flip.
>
> syncthing was updated in pkgsrc to a version that's supposed to
> support go120 recently. What do you mean with 'work well'? How
> many/which other programs are affected?

I'm kind of meh on revert vs not.

syncthing built with go120 is working for me (interopating with
Android).

What else is wrong?

If you think things are broken and you want to flip back, that is
certainly ok with me.   But I would rather that it flips sooner rather
than later, if it is going to happen.